Water enhancers are consumable formulations that add flavor, as well as, supplementary dietary benefits to water. The efforts to enhance water with flavor and nutritious without carbonation, like soft drinks, started post-2010, with major companies trying to market such products to the increasingly health-conscious population. The Global Water Enhancer Market was valued at USD 1.755 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach USD 3.19 billion by 2021, at an estimated CAGR of 13.2%.
A considerable spike in obese population was witnessed in the Western countries, resulting in the subsequent rejection of fizzy drinks due to health awareness. Rapid industrialization resulted in mass production of beverages. Upon further backing up by alluring marketing, this has stemmed into a significant expansion of consumer base for health improving foods and beverages, globally. Even the changing consumer preference towards flavored drinks has driven the water enhancer market. Lack of stringent regulations from regulatory bodies such as the FDA and ESFA, compliance of producers with manufacturing practices and safety concerns among the consumers due to lack of scientificity of the product, are the major constraints for the sector.
Avail sample copy of this report at: http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/222641
Water enhancers are available in the form of flavored, energy, and fitness drops, with each claiming unique benefits. The energy drops constitute over 60% of the entire product range, due to their demand among the athletic and fitness-oriented consumers. Recently, new products, such as weight management and skin rejuvenating formulae, have also been introduced into the market.
Vitamins, electrolytes, anti-oxidants, and sweeteners are the major active-ingredients employed in the water enhancers, with vitamins and electrolytes alone comprising over 64% of the entire product range. The majority of these ingredients are extracted from fruits, vegetables, which hold over 63% of market share. Other sources of raw materials include tealeaves, coffee beans, and recently even coconut water.
In 2015, North America and Europe dominated the sector with 38% and 32% of market share, respectively, due to an increased awareness of the product in these regions. Major companies, such as Pepsi and Coca-Cola, are marketing water enhancers to consumers in the Western world, by promoting the health benefits of enhanced water over that of carbonated and other sugary drinks. Asia-Pacific is an emerging market for water enhancers, due to rapid globalization and adaptation of Western trends. Moreover, there is a growing health and fitness-conscious population in this region, which is expected to contribute to the highest estimated CAGR of 15.2%, during the next five years.
Some of the major players capturing the water enhancer market include:
- Dyla LLC
- Cott Beverages
- Arizona Beverages USA
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Kraft foods
Recent Industry Insights
- Coca-Cola enters the water enhancer market with Powerade Sports Drops and Pump Drops.
- Kraft enters sports nutrition market with new MiO fit water enhancer variant.
- Coke enters the UK water enhancer market with Oasis Mighty Drops.
- VitalZing adds MilkDrops and Coconut WaterDrops to the Enhancer Rangeâ
- Nestle launches Nestea water enhancer alongside bottled water brands Pure Life and Arrowhead.
- Production of beverages has advanced technologically in the last decade, which was backed by extensive scientific research resulting in the discovery of new active ingredients. With their highly anticipated benefits, water enhancers ensure a great scope for application in the healthcare sector, creating prospect for a prolific venture.
- Major players, with their constant expansion of production capacities and product range backed by good marketing strategies, have gained a sizeable consumer demand that is further progressing. Start-ups are focusing on efficient supply chain moderations to compete with the big players. With both major and new players actively contesting for supremacy, the global water enhancer market is anticipated to grow securely during the next five years.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the global water enhancer market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global water enhancer market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insight about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Enquire more details of the report at: http://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase/222641
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas – 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (214) 884-6817; +9164101019