The North America Stem Cell Assay Market was worth USD 205.7 Million in 2016 and is estimated to be growing at a CAGR of 19.8%, to reach USD 507.6 Million by 2021. Stem cells are a type of cells that are not ascertained but can differentiate into any other type of cells in the body. They can also regenerate an entire lost tissue by properly triggering them. The regenerative properties of the stem cells have the ability to cure many diseases and decrease the mortality rate by huge margin.
Stem cell assays is a procedure to assess the quality and ability of a drug. Affected tissues and tumors can be analyzed and the intensity of toxicity and other aspects of the tissue can be observed. In regenerative medicine, stem cells can be triggered to heal fatal injuries of internal organs. Neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s disease can also be treated using stem cell therapy.
With the increase in R&D activities on stem cell therapy and rising number of successful cases treated using stem cell therapy; the demand for stem cell assays is increasing. The increase in chronic diseases also increased the demand for stem cell therapy. All these factors are driving the growth of stem cell assay market. However, the controversies regarding the extraction of stem cells from embryos and high costs of therapy and research are restraining the growth rate of the market.
The North America stem cell assay market is segmented based on assay type, technology, kits, product, application, end user and region. Based on the assay type, the market is categorized into Cell Viability & Toxicity Assays, Purification Assays, Differentiation assays, function assays, Identification assays, proliferation assays and cell apoptosis assays. The cell viability and toxicity assay is projected to hold the largest market share due to increase in focus on drug testing using stem cells. Based on kits, the market is categorized into Adult stem cell kits and human embryonic stem cell kits. Adult stem cells kits are again segmented into Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Kits, Mesenchymal Stem Cell Kits, Hematopoietic Stem Cell Kits, Umbilical Cord Stem Cells and Neuronal Stem Cells Kits. Due to the high effectiveness in the analysis of stem cells, adult stem cell kits segment is rapidly growing. Based on product, the market is categorized into Instruments and Detection kits. Instruments are further categorized into Flow cytometer, Cell imaging systems, Micro electrode arrays and automated cell counter. Detection kits include immune histochemistry kits. Flow cytometer is the fastest growing segment due to the rise in demand for tissue analysis and application of cytometers in cancer detection. Based on application, the market is categorized into Regenerative Medicine & Therapy Development, Drug Discovery and Development and clinical research. Regenerative medicine segment is again categorized into Dermatology, Cardiovascular, Orthopedic & Musculoskeletal Spine, Oncology, Central Nervous System and diabetes. Due to the increase in prevalence of chronic diseases, the demand for regenerative medicine has increased attributing to its largest market share. Based on the end users, the market is categorized into research institutes and industry research.
Based on region, the stem cell assays market in North America is segmented into USA and Canada. USA dominates the market in this region due to the large number of research institutes focusing on stem cell based research and increase in investments on the development of regenerative medicine.
Some of the key players in the stem cell assay market are Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Bio-Techne Corporation, Stem cell Technologies Inc., Merck KGaA, Promega Corporation, GE Healthcare, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Cellular Dynamics International Inc., Hemogenix, and Cell Biolabs Inc.
- Cell Viability & Toxicity Assays
- Cell Identification Assays
- Cell Differentiation Assays
- Isolation/Purification Assays
- Cell Proliferation Assays
- Cell Apoptosis Assays
- Cell Function Assays
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Assay Type
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Assay Type
- Market Share Analysis, By Assay Type
- Technology Roadmap
- Micro Fabricated Assisted Technology
- Microfluidics Based Cell Trap Technologies
- Technology in Development
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Technology
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Technology
- Market Share Analysis, By Technology
- Adult Stem Cell Kits
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Kits
- Mesenchymal Stem Cell Kits
- Neuronal Stem Cells Kits
- Umbilical Cord Stem Cells
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Kits
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells Kits
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Kits
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Kits
- Market Share Analysis, By Kits
- Micro Electrode Arrays
- Cell Imaging Systems
- Automated Cell Counter
- Flow Cytometer
- Detection Kits
- Immuno Histochemistry Kits
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Product
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Product
- Market Share Analysis, By Product
- Regenerative Medicine & Therapy Development
- Orthopedic & Musculoskeletal Spine
- Central Nervous System
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Clinical Research
6 )End User
- Research Institutes
- Industry Research
Scope of the project :
- Regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
- Segment-level analysis in terms of technology, component, and type along with market size forecasts and estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of the effect of exogenous and endogenous factors that affect the global market; which includes broadly demographic, economics, and political, among other macro-environmental factors presented in an extensive PESTLE Analysis
- Study the micro environment factors that determine the overall profitability of an Industry, using Porter’s five forces analysis for analyzing the level of competition and business strategy development
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with their product portfolio, current strategic interests, key financial information, legal issues, SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- An executive summary, abridging the entire report in such a way that decision-making personnel can rapidly become acquainted with background information, concise analysis and main conclusions
- Expertly devised analyst overview along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
About us :
- Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the areas of market research, business intelligence and consulting. We have rich experience in research and consulting for various business domains to cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients.
- A few key business areas that we handle with excellence include business process improvement, corporate financing and decision making based on market research, assisting in developing appropriate strategy and providing consultancy based on extensive research.
- Abhishek Shukla
- Sales Manager (International Business Development)
- Market Data Forecast
- Direct Line: +1-888-702-9626
- Mobile: +91 998 555 0206
- Mail: [email protected]
- Visit Market Data Forecast Blog @ http://www.marketdataforecast.com/blog/
- View latest Press Releases of MDF @ http://www.marketdataforecast.com/press-releases
Market Data ForecastVaishnavi vempati
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the area of market research and business intelligence. With rich experience in research across various business domains, we cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. Our analyst team comprises expert professionals in market research, who with their collective knowledge and skillset dedicatedly serve clients from various industries and regions.